Monday 16 April 2012

Hi all, hope everyone is well and apologies for the lack of posts. I am thinking of setting up a website which is free. I have one but I am not getting on with it at the moment. I am a technophobe for definite. When I was at school I was still using a type writer until I went to sixth form. I was in my element when mum and dad walked in with a computer. I could turn it on but that was it! haha! At the age of just 22 this is a bit strange, but here I am now trying to post a blog! Or at least remember how to! :).

Anyway, my day has been ok. Went to work this morning, day 5 of 6, now feeling it as I am up at 5am everyday! ( But hey I am not the only one)! Was supposed to be going out to dinner with a friend but she had to cancel. Was looking forward to my mushroom alfredo from Frankie and Bennys, but hey never mind there's next time! I don't need the calories anyway! lol.  Spent this afternoon with a friend having a cuppa,- definitely needed in this cold weather in April- What is going on?! So this evening now I shall probably spend making a few cards, but then maybe I may just be sad, have a nice long soak in the bath and curl up the sofa in my Me to You blanket watching the soaps! Nothing wrong with that is there?! LOL

I have popped online to show my Easter goody bags that I made for some relatives. I thought it would be something a little more personal and different from the average Easter egg. At least this way they could have a variety of chocolate and if they didn't like something they weren't going without!








The stamps I used were the Lili of the Valley stamps for the rabbit, The magnolia stamps and a kanban topper for the Ed goody bag. I Cut out the ovals using my spellbinders and my trusty bigshot with a plate that looked very much like this:-

It is safe to say I finally found a place more suitable for this plate:- the bin! :D
The backgrounds for the bags were all made using embossing folders, putting them through the bigshot then using distress inks around the outside in the  chosen colour. The blue is chipped sapphire and the pink is worn lipstick and victorian velvet. The names are stamped in momento then coloured with the matching distress ink. The stamps are coloured using promarkers. I added card candi and gems for a finishing touch. The attached 2 pieces of ribbon as a bow around the bags handle to give it that luxury feel!


No comments:

Post a Comment