Sunday 6 May 2012

Strawberry kisses over indulgence and kitten

I wasn't going to upload a blog today, but have been overwhelmed by the response to a card I made for a colleague at work.

The strawberry kisses stamps range from Crafter's Companion is absolutely beautiful! They are ideal for male or female cards, but I have made two rather girly cards with them. They stamp absolutely beautifully and are soo easy to colour. The first one is the kitten in the flower pot.



Apologies for the lighting on this one, It is a lot brighter and glistens more than the picture shows. I get a lot of questions about what colour to use for the kitten. Ivory promarkers are good to take the harshness away from the whiteness of the card. Blending pinks with the blender is a good way to give a girly effect to the card. I have distressed the edges of the beaded circle with Tim Holtz distress inks. The papers are from the Do crafts capsule range.  This card was made for a 91 year old lady. Not a card you would usually associate with someone of this age, but she is incredibly modern and loves animals.

This next one is the one that has got a lot of reviews. I have entered it into the May Crafter's companion challenge blog! I think anyway! I'm not good at this! lol. I uploaded to another site, and people are asking to buy it. After I have already sold it. But can make again very similar. It uses the dog with the strawberries and cream in a bowl. I call it overindulgence because he looks satisfied with his feast of strawberries.




I have coloured him in cinnamon and tan promarkers with a hint of pink again to blend with the card. The strawberries are coloured in using pale pink, pastel pink, and antique pink for the darker bits above the glass. With a hint of berry red just around the outline. I have used hunkydory card stock for the backing papers and then distressed and dry embossed a piece of white card to accent the again and add another dimension. The wording is from lili of the valley. Adding lettering with peel offs for the name. Using a spellbinders border and crafter's companion card stock I have die cut a border to edge the embossed card. Lace from pinflair, flowers  and paper doilies from create and craft, gems and pearls are used to embellish the card and give it a luxurious feel.

I am not frightened to say, I myself LOVE IT!!!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely girlie cards, Thank you for taking part in the Crafters Companion Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Sammy, I'm glad I found your blog I've just become a follower. I love all your work on Docrafts you make gorgeous cards. Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the Strawberry Kisses range, so adorable. These are superb x

    ReplyDelete