Friday 29 June 2012

Been a while....

Hi all. Yet again it has been a while since I posted a blog. Still can't get the hang of it. Is it wrong to admit that?! :D
What is this weather playing at, one minute it is raining the next the sun is shining and you just feel so uncomfortably sticky, there is just no happy medium. If you were all granted one wish what would it be?....I would have more hours in the day. Time just flies by. I need at least 48 hours a day to feel like I am getting anywhere. But then again, *yawns* could you imagine that!!! I have been relatively busy with cards. One minute I have none to do then they come along like buses- not that I'm complaining I love making cards, putting smiles on others faces and adding a personal touch always shows someone you care.

Anyway here is what I have been up to. Here are three cards I made in the same way. Using 8 x 8 card blanks which are definitely my favourite by far.


       

                                           Close Up View

 This chef card is using Edwin the pasta chef from the magnolia range. My boyfriend is a chef and this image was an ideal cutesy image especially for him. I have coloured him in using promarkers and fine liner pens. I have used a variety of background papers and also made my own. The blue with writing on are words from the lili of the valley stamp set. I have chosen 5 words which I think sum him up or sum up his day. Ie smile, special. The blue is Big n Juicy ink pad brayered onto clarity stamp card to tie all the colours together. Buttons on male cards are a good way to add embellishment where flowers  tend to take their place on female cards. Add a ribbon round the centre and a patterned ribbon vertically tying a knot and cutting the ends to add another element of interest.




This police officer card or "under arrest" as I like to call it and "Mr Fix it" card are made using hunkydory character stamps. Great for all ages as they come with funky quotes to lighten the mood and add a touch of comedy. I have used kanban steam punk papers, hunkydory cardstock. bazzil basics card and brayered as previous. Gems, card candi and buttons finish off the cards nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment