Friday 29 June 2012

Just had to share ....

                                    WELLINGTON BEAR



Apologies everyone I have a tendency to take photos when the cards are still wet. This tends to be because I usually have several cards to do that day and take a photo instantly after each card, so I don't forget to take one. There is nothing worse than making a card, not taking a photo and either wanting to tell someone what you have made but can't quite remember or wanting to show someone and you can't.

Here is a close up view of the wellington bear stamp:- 



 I tried so hard not to buy these adorable stamps and had to give in. The bear in the chair, "dad" and verse are all from the stamp sheet. I have coloured using promarkers and distress inks. The backing papers are from the ultimate wellington die cut pack and cut to size. The dark brown paper is 3 shades of brown distress inks with the verse stamped in the darkest shade. I have deliberately dropped the ink pad on the paper several times to make it looks like stains.  I have then stamped the verse on the stripey paper. Stamped "dad" on an oval cut out from a spellbinder and inked through the die.

I then added ribbon tied a bow, added gems and card candi and here is the result a beautiful card that any male would be happy to recieve. This could be done in bright vibrant colours for a child. Alternatively is you do not wish to use a bow then ruche the ribbon all along folding and sticking as you go -for an even more masculine look.


No comments:

Post a Comment