Wednesday 15 August 2012

One digi two digi Three digi four

Digi stamps have always been a horror for me. As i have previously mentioned me and technology is not great at the best of times.

For those of you who don't know digi stamps are an innovative new way of crafting. Rather than stamping using rubber, clear or wooden stamps you can order an image online pay like you would any other product, then print out from your printer. There are several advantages to digital stamping:-


  1. you can save money by only having to buy the image rather than inks and acrylic blocks,- obviously just purchasing the colour medium to fill the image in. My item of choice being promarkers
  2. you don't have to wait for an image to be delivered, If you want a design for a last minute order they email you the link and you download the image immediately.
  3. Meaning no postage costs.
  4. If storage is an issue digital images are a fab alternative. They are stored on your hard drive so taking no space in your room whatsoever.

The only disadvantage is that I enjoy stamping with inks its the feel of the stamps, getting really inky fingers-that's the fun of crafting. So I just have a variety of both digi, rubber and clear stamps.


Here is my first attempt using a digi stamp:-

I got an order for a lady at work who was celebrating, her life begins at 40, birthday. I was looking for an interesting image with a cocktail glass and stumbled across this:



This digi was perfect. The only downside to the image is that I coloured it in on 160gsm card which wasn't thick enough for the promarkers to be used so the promarkers bled a little, lesson learnt! x I added a quote and printed it off. Tearing one of the papers added another dimension. This torn paper is made using cosmic shimmers spritzed onto white card stock. This adds a glitter effect as well. 














2 comments:

  1. Great image Sammy. Using your fave shades of purple I see.I love Digi's too lou x

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can see how often i visit this blog Louise not!! lol..I've only just seen this xx

    ReplyDelete